SOURCE- AOL REAL ESTATE SURVEY
Sally Bowman Real Estate
Displaying blog entries 1-10 of 366
SOURCE- AOL REAL ESTATE SURVEY
It’s that time of year again! Time to check off that school supply list and send the kids on their way. For some families that means a new home, new school and new friends. Moving can be stressful on everyone, but here are some tips that will make the transition a little easier.
1. With a house full of boxes you may not remember where you put that backpack or calculator from last year. If you are starting to pack up the house, be sure to keep all of your school supplies in one box, if possible, and mark accordingly. Be sure to keep a Master List of all your boxes so that you can guide your movers as they are bringing boxes into your new Cheshire home.
2. The first day of school can be a little scary, especially when you are the new kid in class....make it a special occasion by going shopping for a rocking new back to school outfit. And remember, next year will be awesome for back to school shopping because the Outlets of Cheshire will be having it's Grand Opening!!
3. Not ready for those early mornings? Don’t worry, after driving the kids to school you can swing by Main Street Caffe for a cup of coffee- after all, "With Enough Coffee, Anything is Possible"! This place is known for its great coffee, service and food!
4. Finally, take a moment out of every day to just breath. Between decorating your home and getting back to school, you may forget to have a little YOU time. Take a stroll around town or take in the view from your new front porch. Whatever you do, just remember to enjoy your new home!
August is here and the town of Cheshire is getting ready to make the most of the last month of summer fun!
It's time for the Annual Cheshire Summer Carnival!! Come on out next weekend to take a spin on the Swings or get your thrill from the FerrisWheel. Like always, the Summer Carnival will be filled with excitement, rides and lots of great food. In fact, did you hear about the Cannoli FoodTruck or The Pizzeria, Steak & Cheese, Sugar Bakery Cupcakes? So many great Food Truck choices have been added this year.....on top of all the other great attractions at the fair! The event is located right across the street from Cheshire High School at Bartlem Park. Mark your calendars for the August 8-9th and we'll see you there!
We are certainly blessed here in Cheshire with many options for summertime entertainment! Between our fantastic park district and wonderful Elim Park, which is truly a Cheshire Gem, along with a number of restaurants and entertainment venues.....we have many places to go to be entertained. Coming up are a few events I wanted to highlight:
*St. Peter's Episcopal Church Drama Camp will present Lionel Bart's brilliant musical, Oliver on July 18-19 at Nelson Hall on the beautifulgrounds of Elim Park. You can follow this link for event and ticket information OLIVER!
*Cheshire Park and Rec will once again present their FREE CONCERT series at BARTLEM PARK kicking off Friday night, July 18th at 7:00 pm. The schedule is as follows:
Friday, July 18 - Soul Sound Revue
Friday, July 25 - Women of Pop & Rock featuring Jill Gioia
Friday, August 1 - Eaglemania
Friday August 8 - Beau Bolero
* "Ticket to Ride" - A Tribute to the Beatles at Nelson Hall at Elim Park- Event and Ticket information.
* Funky Monkey Cafe- 11 Twelve 13, Dark side of Funk July 17, Followed by One Drum Reggae on the 18th.
Enjoy what is left of the Cheshire summer and all the wonderful activities coming up! These are only a few...we'll be posting more as they come along. HAVE FUN!
ATTENTION CHESHIRE RESIDENTS: Exciting news— the new development Meadowview Estates, built by Diversified-Cook Hill, is now giving Connecticut homebuyers a brand new place to call home in Cheshire! With homes starting at 2,011 square feet, these custom properties are sure to be the new gem of Cheshire, CT real estate. Meadowview Estates will open another quality neighborhood in the area, offering families the opportunity to focus on their children's education at schools like Darcey Kindergarten, Doolittle Elementary, Dodd Middle School, and Cheshire High School. With four floor plans to choose from, The Amherst, The Berkley, The Cambridge and The Dartmouth; Cheshire homebuyers can finally invest in the right home in today's real estate market that meets all of their possible wants and needs— a luxury home in the perfect Cheshire Connecticut community.
PROJECT MANAGERS: KATIE SMITH & CHERYL ROSADINO
Cheshire, Connecticut is a great place to live, raise a family, relax and enjoy life's many pleasures and joys. The new Meadowview Estates homes available will provide more area residents the chance to exprience a growing community that places an emphasis on great schools, green space, and community events. Take this opportunity to explore everything our area has to offer, improve your quality of life with a newly-built property, and let Meadowview Estates be your new place to call home. And if one of these catches your eye, keep in mind the builders would be happy to price other plans for you or make adjustments to the current ones.
Take a look at this!
Ready to take a look at prime Cheshire real estate? Contact us and we'll make finding your dream home a reality.
Celebrate the 4th of July in Cheshire, CT. Independence Day in Cheshire begins on "The Green," Tues. July 2rd, at 7:00 p.m, with the Annual Cheshire Free Holiday Patriots concert, from the Cheshire Parks and Recreation & the Cheshire Community band. Come out to the green and enjoy the music.
"The Fourth of July is truly a sacred day on which we should celebrate the blood, sweat and tears that went into the founding of our great nation" That was an excerpt from the Bennett Family announcement last year, that they were going to be reading the Declaration of Independence. Although we won't be treated to that reading this year, it is still important to reflect on that document and the day itself, and what it means to Cheshire and each one of us. Four members from Connecticut signed that paper, the paper that provided for the foundation of this great nation and the unalienable rights that all men were created equal and for the rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. Many men and women have, and do, fight every day and paid the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom and rights that have been established, and that we enjoy in our everyday lives.
In whatever you choose to do today, whether it be a wonderful backyard BBQ with family and friends, or one of Connecticut's 4TH OF JULY events, take time to thank the many Military men and women for their service and sacrifice, and keep the meaning of this day in your celebrations.
Make sure you wrap up your Cheshire celebration with the traditional KURTZ FAMILY FIREWORKS SHOW! The Kurtz family, 3rd generation Cheshire farmers, have deep roots in the Cheshire community; and have hosted this free CHESHIRE COMMUNITY FIREWORKS SHOW, at their Peck Lane property for many years. The fireworks will begin roughly at 8:30 pm Cheshire July 4th Fireworks.
From all of us at Sally Bowman Real Estate....HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE 4TH OF JULY! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
It's summertime in Cheshire....what should we do? The kids are so excited to be out of school, they've been waiting for summer since Christmas break was over! But they're already getting restless and want to know where you are going to take them tomorrow!
Have no fear, the Cheshire area has so many great things to do that are sometimes forgotten simply because we sort of take them for granted. So we're going to help you out with the Best Summertime Fun Activity List of things to do in and around the Cheshire area:
1. Barker Character Comic and Cartoon Museum- The Barker Animation Art Gallery is open Monday through Saturday and displays the largest collection of animation and cartoon-themed fine art in the Northeast.
2. CoCo Key Water Park- Located in Waterbury, just outside of Cheshire, CoCo Key has a great range of family friendly features including 3 differing 40 ft body and raft slides and a raging adventure river! The Parrot's Perch interactive water play island is crammed with interactive splash play features to keep the kids safely amused for hours on end. There's also a kids' activity pool with Lily Pad Adventure Crossing and water basketball equipment, plus a zero depth kiddie entry area. Coupons are usually available online.
3. Brooksvale Park- The entire family can enjoy swings, playground, hiking, biking, softball fields and even a petting zoo! Open year-round. Four miles from Cheshire in Hamden.
4. Prime Climb Indoor Rock Climbing- Learn the exhilarating sport of rock climbing from the safe confines of an indoor center. Enjoyment for the entire family. Located in Wallingford, just six miles from Cheshire.
5. Cork and Brew- Do something completely different! Get a group of 10 kids together and head on over to Cork & Brew and learn how to make your own Soda! You'll learn how to make Soda from start to finish and then be able to take it home with you....or drink it with your pizza at the end of your experience! Located in Southington, just 6 miles from Cheshire.
6. Golf Quest Family Fun Center- Start With a Round of Mini Golf... Then take a couple of swings at the Batting Cage! Seven batting cages...If you are at the Southington facility, try the Bumper Boats!!! Lots of family friendly fun!
This will give you a good start to your summer, the rest of the list can be found here: Things To Do In and Around Cheshire With Kids
Enjoy the summer!! It will go fast, so don't waste a day!
Has it really been 5 years?! It is hard to believe that time has gone by that quickly. It seems like only yesterday, we were putting the finishing touches on our building and getting ready to open the doors!
I am so thankful to all of you for trusting Sally Bowman Real Estate for your Real Estate needs. I know you have many choices in the Cheshire area and I am honored that you have chosen me and my team to handle this important decision in your life.
I have lived and worked in Cheshire pretty much my entire life and I absolutely love it...and wouldn't change anything. Our town is second to none; the people, landscape, establishments and the community all make Cheshire a wonderful place to call home.
Because of you, Sally Bowman Real Estate has grown by leaps and bounds over the past 5 years. In this time, I was chosen President of the Connecticut Chapter of the CRS, have earned the 5 Star Agent Award, created a team of awesome Real Estate Agents, and continued to work with premier builders all around the Cheshire area.
I'm looking forward to the next 5, 10, 50 years and what we can build together in Cheshire. Thank you again for trusting Sally Bowman Real Estate with your Real Estate needs and please keep us in mind for any future needs you or any family member, friend, neighbor or coworker may have. We value your friendship, business and your referrals.
I look forward to seeing you Sunday at Mixville Park! The weather is going to be fantastic and the pizza truck will arrive promptly at 11:00!